Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ten Things Thursday!

Thanks to the gorgeous Laura Belle we have Ten Things Thursday!!

1. The Rockstar and I work in different school systems. He is already out of school and I have to work for another week. It's totally not fair. I'm sure he will feel the same way when he is working summer school and my big butt is still in the bed or the pool.

2. We had our end of year party in my classroom today. Have I told you that I work with people who love to eat??? We had chicken, ribs, corndogs, hot dogs, mac and cheese, french fries, baked beans, cole slaw, brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. People (teachers and staff) were in and out of room all day eating.

3. I didn't have any of the sweets (big NSV for me!!). I had half a hot dog (no bun), half a cup pf baked beans, and a few bites of cole slaw.

4. One of the other teachers that came in to eat is also banded. She had a corndog, french fries, ribs, baked beans, and mac and cheese. I wasn't stalking her food choices, I just know because she has a broken hand and I helped her fix her plate. I was a little surprised at how much (and what) she could eat. I asked her how long she had been banded. She said she had gastric bypass in 1999 and then had the band in 2004....and she has almost 8cc's in the band!! She said she has appt. to get another fill.

5. It is supposed to be really hot here the next few days. I plan on being in the pool on Sunday!!


6. I won't be in the pool on Saturday because The Boy graduates that day!!!

7. Most of the people I work with are not born and raised in these parts. Numerous times over the last couple of months people have commented on my "southern" accent. I think I talk just fine y'all ;)

8. Just in case I haven't told y'all, my birthday is next Saturday. Yes, cash or gift cards would be just fine ;) Normally I would also accept flowers, but I won't be home to receive them...I will be sitting the beach sipping on a drink with a cute little umbrella in it :)

9. Yesterday I wore a new shirt. My shoulders felt very skinny every time I looked at myself in the mirror. The Rockstar told me he really noticed my collarbones. Yay!

10. This past weekend I tried on yet more swimsuits. I wanted to take 3 or 4 to the beach with me. I posted the first one I picked last week. I have one more picked out. I am running out of time and I think I have been to every store in town that has swimsuits. This second one looks a lot like my first one (black and white)...I need to find one with some color. At least this one does have a little bit of hot pink...

4 comments:

Cat said...

You're a 2? I'm a 5! Gemini girls unite!
Love the suit too.

trishajo said...

how are you even a bandster!? LMAO you look so effing skinny!!! How much more are you wanting to lose??

HAWTNESS woman!!!

I can relate with your coworker, having my "non viable" band, I can eat whatever the hell I want. Unless I take a huge bite of white bread or something, then it might go down a little slow, other than that, I would never know it's even there... =( (revision in 18 days!!!! hehe)

LOVE the pool! I am a sun goddess and if I was closer I would be right there with ya girl!!! =)

~Miss Lorie~ said...

We have the same birthday! I feel the same way about cash and gift cards! :)

Anonymous said...

Birthday Week! Birthdays at the beach are the best.