Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Have you thanked a teacher today?



Today is Teacher Appreciation Day. Our PTA provide lunch for us today. Way too many sweets, but it was yummy. If you have kids, and you think they have a great teacher, tell them. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love getting a little note from a parent telling me they appreciate what I do for their child. It doesn't take expensive gifts or flowers, or candy....just a simple little note.

 A parent of one of my former students left a comment on my fb the other day telling me that I was wonderful teacher. Her son is getting married this summer and he sent me a message telling me how much it would mean to him if I was there. Now let me just tell ya....this kid gave me hell almost on a daily basis. There were certainly many days that I wondered if I was getting through to this kid. So happy to see that I did make some kind of impact on him. And I can't wait to be there on his big day!

This past weekend was very rough for me. My baby Austin went to puppy heaven. He had been declining since Kayleigh passed away back in July. He was 14. He was completely deaf and almost completely blind. I miss him dearly.




I have been super duper busy at work. My kids don't take standardized state tests. I have to compile a portfolio as an alternate assessment for each one of one kids. The portfolios are due Friday and I will be working on them up until the very last minute.


I am so stinkin excited about going to the beach next month. I bought 5 different swimsuits. I decided that I was going to buy any swimsuit I wanted, no matter what the cost, since I finally feel comfortable wearing any swimsuit I want. So, I ordered a Betsey Johnson swimsuit and let me just tell you....it was NOT cheap. Altogether I spent several hundred dollars on all the swimsuits. Wouldn't you know, the one that I liked the best was the one I found for $20.

Happy Tuesday! Toodles :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I try to spread the love to my kids teachers on a regular basis. You guys really do a ton for the kids! So sorry to hear about your puppy, Hugs to you....

Rachel said...

How touching that you got to hear that you did make a difference in one of your kids. I have a teacher that made a big impact on me as a kid and now I wish there had been a way for me to keep in touch with her. Thank you for the reminder... I just made a note to send a little something to Miss T's favorite teacher.

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

I'm sorry to hear about your baby. :( It's so tough when we lose our furry friends.

But, I'm glad you heard such a nice thing about your teaching. I've had so many teachers that made such a difference - you guys rock!

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry about your pup. Very sad. :(

I did thank a teacher today- and she totally appreciated it! It's also national nurse's week- and given that our Cole battled cancer twice, they're also really important to us. :)

Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com

Cheri said...

I want to be sure to do something for the teacher we work with at homeschool, and maybe the principal and "secretary" (not sure if that is her title) too - everyone at the school is so dedicated. "Our" teacher went to my son's IEP meeting even though she didn't have to, and it was on her day off, and that was just the first couple of weeks we started working with her. LOVE her. Anyway, hope you get through all your paperwork soon, and I'm glad you found so many suits you LOVE!!! :-D

Unknown said...

so sorry to hear about your fur baby.
how awesome to know that you had such a good impact on that students life.
Happy Teacher week- Thank you for all you do

Mari said...

Sorry to hear about you pup x

jennxaz said...

I am so sorry to hear about Austin...and you are an awesome teacher...love hearing about a student of yours now getting married..that is super cool!

Unknown said...

So sorry about Austin. What a nice gift for you for Teacher Appreciation Week! We have a whole week of designated gift days (Tuesday - bring in your teacher's favorite snack!, Thursday - bring in their favorite drink!) at elementary school AND daycare. I would have preferred to write a nice note, but now I'm overwhelmed by having to follow the themed calendar.

MBFL said...

I am so sorry to hear about Austin. We found out last week that one of our kiddos has cancer and doesn't have long. It is so freaking hard.

Sounds like you made an impact on the boy. I could not be a teacher for anything! I do appreciate people like you even if I don't have human kids!!

Anonymous said...

Very sad to hear about Austin. It is hard to let go.

What a nice thing to be invited to the wedding and to know you make a difference in kids lives. That must feel great.

Taking pictures of these swimsuits????

Connie O said...

I'm so sorry you lost your other dog--so sad! I know you'll miss him like crazy. That does make for a rough weekend, and probably a rough time for a while.

My mom was a high school teacher for many years, so I know what it's like. I don't have any kids, but I would thank a teacher anyway if I had a chance.