Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Changes comin my way

So my principal walked in my room yesterday with a letter in hand. Usually this is not a good thing....it could mean that you are being fired, it could mean that they are transferring you to another school, it could mean a number of things that you usually don't want and are completely blindsided by. My letter was telling me that I, in fact, would be moving. But at least it is still in the same school. They are moving me to a different class. I will have fewer kids, but their disabilities are much more severe. As of now, all of the students in that class are nonverbal and in diapers. I am ok with it. I kinda feel like I can work with any type of student and I can always find the strengths in any student I work with.


When I walked in Monday morning this was on my desk...

 
 
If you can't read it, it says: For all your help and not being a B!
 
Apparently during stress week some people (ok, really only one) was quite the "B" because she was stressed out over doing the portfolios. It stressed me out too, but no sense in being a "B" to others.
 
 
I am so way excited that we are in the last couple of weeks of school!!!!! A couple of my kids have already left. One because her dad got stationed somewhere else and another because his grandmother died. I have two others who will be leaving next week because their mom or dad got stationed elsewhere. It's one of the hard parts of working with military children. You get close to them and then they have to leave. I guess they are used to it...I still am not.
 
 
Happy Tuesday y'all!

6 comments:

speck said...

I think you got moved because they needed the best person for that class!

Cheri said...

Ack...I can't imagine. I will be interested to hear what you come up with for your new class. They are lucky to have you, the kids and the parents, I'm trying to wrap my mind around the challenges of having ONE child needing that level of care. Makes me reconsider my annoyance with my snarky teen. I'm still annoyed...but boy, I have it easy.

jennxaz said...

I agree..you will be awesome in that new class...best person for the job! I am so jelly about your summer vacay..so wish I could come see you!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

You're going to kick butt in the new class! I hope you took it as a compliment as well that they need you!

Katherine said...

yummy!

http://www.chooseyourhabits.com

Sarah said...

Glad you got to stay in your school. Those kids must need somebody super special and YOU fit the bill! :)
Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com