Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mood stabliziers...yes, please

Well Lord help me, I just do not know what has been wrong with me this weekend. My emotions have been like a Mexican jumping bean. One minute I am laughing like hyena, and the next I am crying like a baby. If I'm not laughing or crying, then I am madder than wet hornet...for no reason.

The Rockstar has been so good to me for the last two weeks. He won't let me lift a thing, he has washed every dish that has been placed in the sink, and he is the only reason we have had clean drawers to cover our behinds since I haven't even considered doing any laundry. Yet, I have still been a big, ole bear to him. Why? I have no idea.

This sounds so stupid to say, but I am pissed off because I can't eat what I want. Well, I could, but I won't let myself. Then I get mad at everyone around like it's their fault I can't dive head first into vat of fried chicken grease or chocolate.

Why am I doing this??? Maybe my new name should be Lunatic Barbie.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

My insurance assigned me a personal "coach" to check in with for 6 months after surgery. She mentioned to me once that this is a very common reaction (being mad b/c you can't eat like you used to). It's great that your husband is so understanding.

Dwindling Dame said...

I think it's something you have to work through. I would (and sometimes still do) get so frustrated because I can't do this or eat that or etc etc...when in reality I shouldn't.

It's not like a can't, because, well, I can. I just know I shouldn't.

As a warning, if you decide you can, or you will eat whatever, you're going to either plateau or gain. I have done so, and I'm still at the same weight for going on like a month now.

2 months in to my surgery, and I still fight with this. I had to find some motivation for myself, and even then it can be hard.

Good luck!

speck said...

I just think it's great that you are acknowledging these feelings. Keep doing that!