Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hello there white girl

The weather here is crazy. Several years ago on this day the school district I worked in was on half days (mornings only) because it was so hot (like 109) that they didn't want kids on the bus in the afternoons. Big change from this year. This morning my little piggies were actually cold on my way to work (yes, I still wear flip flops every day). It wasn't even 60 degrees out.

I haven't been in the pool in over 3 weeks. Because it is getting so cool at night the water is already too cold to enjoy. I am getting so pale I had to change my makeup this week to a lighter shade.

Speaking of cooler weather, I really wanted it to stay warm well into October like it did last year. For one reason, y'all know I hate to put shoes back on my feet. The other reason is that I have not even 1 pair of long pants that fit me. I wear capri's and flip flops (or sandals) every day so I haven't had a need to go buy any pants yet. I hate long pants almost as much as I hate shoes.

I had a cute day today. I had on a new shirt that was oh so cutesy on me. I should have taken a pic, but I didn't think about it. I have been wearing things that in the past were out of comfort zone (like that belted shirt last week). I used to NEVER try on clothes before I bought them. Now I do because as my body is changing I have no idea what I will like and what I won't.



Happy Tuesday y'all!

11 comments:

Ask Me About My Band, My Lap-Band said...

I feel ya!! I'm starting to go down in sizes. I totally need new clothes, but that requires moolah and well when I do try on clothes sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and sometimes still a little disappointed.

speck said...

I like the fact that you are trying outfits you normally wouldn't try. I'm kinda doing the same thing.

I bet we are going to be a little chilly in Chicago. I just don't like my hair to blow! lol

zbayardo said...

going down in sizes is both a great and bad place to be but mostly great!

i love losing but don't want to buy more clothes that i'm hoping to not fit into soon.

LOVE that pic!

Vanessa said...

totally hear ya on the dreaded fall...I do not own any shoes....only flip flops and sandals....eeeek. A fading tan is never a fun thing...

No name said...

Ooh, not me! I am loving the cooler weather. Makes my runs nicer! I will miss the flip flops though. :)

Rhonda said...

I am the SAME way. Just keep on shoppin', baby. We'll figure it out together. ;)

And I hate long pants, too. Why do they even exist? I got lapband so I could wear SHORTS. lol

jennxaz said...

so jealous not even 60....dang it was 100 here yesterday..but we did get some much needed rain...

MandaPanda said...

I'm so sick of the heat out here, I'd take that cooler weather ANY DAY!

Tee said...

I want a 60 degree day! you lucky duck. enjoy the last days with your flip flops lady.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

OMG - we haven't been in our pool either cuz it's too cold and I HATE IT! It's poppycock! Summer cannot be over. It just can't be!

Beth said...

I live in capri pants all summer, and I'm not looking forward to buying a fall wardrobe either!