Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ten Things Thursday!!

Thanks to the gorgeous Laura Belle we have Ten Things Thursday!!


1. I haven't blogged since last weeks Ten Things Thursday. I also haven't totally kept up on reading blogs this week either. I never have time at work and when I get home it's filled with fun and exciting things like laundry, cleaning, and paying bills.


2. I went to my regular doctor for the first time since getting banded today. He commented on how much weight I have lost and asked me how I did it. Duuuhhhhh........you wrote the letter and ordered the tests for me to get lapband.


3. According to his scales/records I have lost 48 pounds.


4. I totally forgot to blog on my 5 month bandiversary. It was on Saturday. I was hoping to be at a 50 pound loss at the 5 month mark....but I am totally ok with the 48.


5. I made The Rockstar open our pool and start to get it ready since it had been so warm. Now it has been in the low 30's at night this week. I guess I won't be in the pool any time soon.


6. I love my new job, but I swear these people love to find a reason to eat. I have been there 5 weeks (and one of those was Spring Break) and they have had after school "social gatherings" 4 times that have involved a huge cake, brownies, chips, cookies, candy, pastries, soft drinks, punch, and much, much more.


7. Usually by this time of the year I have ordered a few swimsuits. I know a lot of people usually only have one, but since I wear one every day I usually have 5 or 6. I can't order any yet because I have no idea what size I wear. I do know that the ones I wore last year will big too big. I think I even have 2 or 3 with the tags still on them that will be too big. Maybe I will drag them out soon and post them for giveaway.


8. I am meeting some friends for dinner and drinks Saturday night. None of them have seen me since August when we all attended a teacher inservice together....48 pounds ago.


9. I have been totally sucking at the whole water thing lately.


10. Just in case you were wondering....Grey's is a new episode tonight :)

10 comments:

Banded With Favor said...

Barbie, I have missed you this week!!! Glad to see you on TTT!!! Though there are many gatherings around food at your new work, doesnt that fun, friendly let's get together kind of work place just add to the joy of work??!! I switched schools in Sept and though I love my new site and my Freshman, there is very little get togethers and I miss that...not the food, just the functions!!

Our weather has been weird too... Last week high 80's all week hot, hot, hot...this week windy and it shows rain for tomorrow!!! Should have done the yard this week, would have saved me a burn!!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh yah baby - I'm watching Greys right now!! Woot! Way to go on 48!!

tz said...

You East Coast people get to find out what happens on all the shows first :D Congrats on the 48 lbs, that's wonderful news!...funny comment about what the doc said...do you sometimes wonder, 'how'd you get your medical degree' :D

Azmomo2andcounting said...

Where do you order swimsuits? I think that is a good idea!

Rachel said...

48 is FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC! You are a total rock star.. literally. Thanks for the Greys heads up... will watch it this weekend YAY! xxxx

jennxaz said...

I have totally been sucking at water

~Miss Lorie~ said...

I think that my shopping has slowed because when I get online I don't know what size to order... so I don't buy much.

MandaPanda said...

48 lbs in 5 months is fan-freaking-tastic! You should feel so proud of yourself!

Andrea said...

48 pounds is awesome! Good job!

Laura Belle said...

I shall just be right over to enjoy...love....at your pool. It's fine. you won't even notice me. Swear.

Congrats on the loss! It's close enough to 50!