Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Fallin off the wagon...almost

Today was the second day back at work, first day back with kids....is it spring break yet??? Most of kids are pretty good, but I have two that would worry the balls off a billy goat. They stress me out and make me say words that would cause even my lovely gangbangers to blush. It's a good thing we only have Coke machines at our school and not Pepsi, because I swear if I would have had access to the Dew today I would have been a drinkin woman. I even stopped at the store on the way home and bought one. Don't worry, I never opened it. I am still hangin on the wagon by my fingernails. I gave it to the Rockstar when I got home, but told him if he even dared thought about drinking it in front of me I would stab him in the eyeball.

The good thing about being back at work is that I totally rock the water drinking thing at work. I have a "water time schedule" and stick to it on work days. I drink one bottle on my way to work (I drive 35-40 miles), one before lunch, one after lunch, and one on my way home. I usually have another bottle or two after I get home. Don't ask how much I go pee...it is ridiculous.

I read an article today about Vitamin D absorption (mine was still low at my last Dr. visit). Did you know that your body can create Vitamin D from a tanning bed?? Y'all may have already known that...but I didn't have a clue. I know some of y'all are going to tell me how dangerous the tanning bed is...I know, I know...but I always say fat looks better brown. So tomorrow I think I might just have to go get my vitamin D on at the tanning bed :)

10 comments:

Cece said...

I am so much better with water at work too ! Of course, I want to stress eat there but I digress :)

tz said...

tanning beds much nicer way to get vit D then a pill! It also helps with S.A.D.

Stace said...

I have 2 students too that push my button too. I threw em out again today...and one of em called me a B*Tch and I am pretty sure he isn't coming back! YAY!
Good job on that water schedule!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I need to start tanning again - hell - I just have to walk downstairs. I did know that about vit D. I take a supplement too though.

trishajo said...

i spray tan bc i swore to myself after 30 i wouldn't tan in a bed again. and how i so dearly love tanning. it makes me happy. :) lol so much so i worked at a salon in college just to mainly get the discounts!

GREAT job on holding out on the Dew!!!!!! omg that's some restraint girl.

And idk how you deal with those punks, i would def haul off and punch one, i am sure of it! :o/

Dawnya said...

Umm...I don't think it would be a good idea for me to tan. LOL

MandaPanda said...

I don't tan but mostly because I live in AZ and it seems to dumb to pay for it when it's sunny here 360 days out of the year. Having said that, I'm as white as a ghost because I never find the time. LOL.

Great job on hangin' on to the wagon. It doesn't matter if you've only got a finger on it...you're on it. :)

Laura Belle said...

Just regular sunshine will do the trick too. It's more difficult to get sun in winter, but during the summer, just go outside in shorts and a tank and bask in it's warm glory for 15 min and you'll have a buttload of Vit. D. (And the rays help keep depression at bay! Probably why I hate winter and love summer.)

Sam said...

Congrats on resisting the Dew :o) and have fun getting your tan on.

I don't tan, I live in Queensland, sunny most of the time, but I never spend time in it. I'm low in the vitamin d area too! I really do need to get a little sun :/

Andrea said...

Good job on the water! I so wish I could tan and I would be in that tanning bed all the time! Brown definitely does look better tan, but in my case I only get red!