Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Can't a girl just get one little snow day????

So every school system around me was closed today because of ice. Was my school closed?????? No, it was not. The schools on base almost never close for bad weather. If there is business as usual on post, then that means school is on. We did get to go in two hours late, but honestly, going in late just really messes up my schedule for the day. And my kids live by routine....so late day equals crazy day in my class.

The Rockstar has had the flu since the end of last week. Dealing with the flu is bad news, but having to deal with a man who has the flu is the worst. The Big Boy had knee surgery last week. So, for a solid week I feel like all I have done is take care of sickly boys. Thank goodness they are both on the mend now.

All of my paperwork was submitted to my insurance for my tummy tuck. My PCP wrote a letter stating why it was "medically necessary" to have this surgery. They said it would take a few weeks to hear anything. I had been planning on having the surgery during my spring break. The surgeon is going on vacation that week. So now I aiming for the week before.

My addiction to Mountain Dew and cereal is stronger than ever. I have been drinking Mountain Dew every single day when I wake up. I need to stop. I know that I need to stop. But yet, I just keep on doing it. I have also been eating cereal every day. I have, however, been sticking to eating less than a serving of it a day. How, you ask??? Well, I bought this handy dandy little measuring cup....


 
 
I also use this bowl as my cereal bowl....
 
 
 
 
This cute little Hello Kitty bowl is a one cup bowl. So, I measure 1/2 cup of cereal and 1/2 milk and put in my bowl. Don't be fooled by the Special K measuring cup. My drug of choice is Krave cereal....not Special K :)
 
 
I have a student teacher starting next week. I met her today for the first time. She is blonde, beautiful, and skinny. I hate her already. I think she will do great :)
 
 
So my coworkers obviously did not set any lose weigh kind of resolutions for the year. Yesterday we had a huge cake and punch to celebrate birthdays for the year. Friday morning we are having a breakfast potluck, which means every kind of pastry you can think of, hashbrown casseroles, homemade biscuits, and other delicious fattening foods. I didn't have any of the cake yesterday, but I did have some of the punch and man, oh man was it delicious. It was made with Ginger Ale, Almond extract, and Vanilla extract. It was yummy in my tummy (but I am sure hell on scale).
 
Well that's all I got for today. Toodaloo peeps!
 
 
 
 
 
 


10 comments:

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

I so feel you on hubby with the flu! Will (9 year old) had it last week. But I must say, he paid me back when it was my turn to be sick. He brought his guitar down to the den and played me "quiet, sleepy songs" to help me feel better!

Tina@The BanditGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tz said...

we don't get a snow day until we've had a foot of snow...:( and given how dry our winter is, we're not getting one this year. I swear teachers are worse than nurses when it comes to goodies in the break room! Stay strong :D

Rhonda said...

Even I had a snow day on Tuesday - I hope you get one soon!

jennxaz said...

oh a tummy tuck...that would be awesome! You deserve it with all your hard work..you turned down cake? and limit your cereal? you are a rock!...rockstar!

Run, Chelle, Run! said...

Krave is sooooo delicious, I don't know how you can limit it. I just have to keep it out of the house. :)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

SERIOUSLY!!!!! Stop talking about Mt. Dew. Good God - I can't take it. LOL Um - LOVE Hello Kitty...gonna prove it tomorrow with a picture post.

Connie O said...

I wonder if your insurance company will OK the tummy tuck? I'll be very interested to hear about that!

Sorry you didn't get your snow day.

I've never tried Krave cereal, but I must say, it sounds good right now.

Anonymous said...

Soda is the devil!
My fingers are crossed on the insurance approval for you.

Marbles' Girl said...

I Finally added a follow button. :)